School of Education, Seattle Pacific University
Janusz Korczak Association of the USA
Announce a joint international conference
Education for Excellence, Diversity, and Respect:
Transformative 21st Century Innovations
August 22–25, 2018
Seattle Pacific University (SPU) campus, Seattle, WA, USA
Participating in this conference will allow to:
- Learn about the latest research findings and innovations, and their impact on school students, teachers, and reforms in education.
- Discover Janusz Korczak’s theory and practice, and get inspired with its humanistic orientation and innovative ideas.
- Become part of the international gathering of students, teachers, researchers, professors, social workers, psychologists, and children rights’ advocates, policymakers, and stakeholders with interest in education.
- Present and promote your own current or future project in education, find supporters and challengers.
- Start networking with new national and international partners from over fifteen countries.
- To share innovative ideas and projects originated in the USA and abroad that allow advocating students’ social and academic success in diverse communities.
- To stimulate a creative atmosphere of trust and respect for learning and to brainstorm different innovative ideas, strategies, and interventions.
- To present research-based, practice- and service-oriented projects from different countries and to exchange ideas on their possible implementation in the United States.
- To introduce Janusz Korczak’s legacy to the broader educational community and to inspire all the participants with his humanistic and innovative ideas.
- SPU School of Education faculty, doctorate students, graduates, and undergraduates
- US schoolteachers and administrators, psychologists, and social workers
- Faculty and students from the University of Washington, Seattle University, and other public and private universities in the region and nationwide
- Representatives of Korczak Associations from all over the world including Australia, Brazil, Canada, Germany, Israel, Netherlands, Poland, Russia, Switzerland, Ukraine, United Kingdom, the USA, etc.
- Children’s rights’ advocates.
Format of the conference:
- Plenary meetings with key speakers from SPU, worldwide Korczak Associations, Consul of Poland in the USA, and leading researchers and practitioners in the field
- Concurrent sessions with roundtable and paper presentations
- Innovative hands-on workshops
- Creative teamwork for all participants
- Films about groundbreaking projects in education and protection of children’s rights.
Conference Registration and Fees
- Full fee with a stay at the SPU comfortable dorm (in a double room) with a bathroom (shared by two rooms) – $370
- Full fee with a dorm stay (in a single room) with a bathroom (shared by two rooms) – $390
- Reduced fee for students and participants from the countries with a disadvantaged economic situation in a double room – $250
Includes: 3 nights’ accommodation, 3 days’ meals, participation in all sessions and conference events
- One day participation with lunch – $65
- Three days’ participation with lunches and coffee breaks – $ 175
- Reduced fee for the accompanying person who is not participating in the conference but stays in the dorm and uses the restaurant – $280 (in a double room)
- Clock hours (up to 24 hours) – $10 per hour.
The conference website with more information about the deadlines for paper submissions and registration is coming soon. In the meantime, please email your questions to either Dr. Tatyana Tsyrlina-Spady at email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org or Ms. Mariola Strahlberg at email@example.com